Financial Education Coaching
SCA introduced the Financial Education Coaching program to teach individuals fundamental skills and assets to properly and safely handle their finances.
How to Better Manage Your Money
Schuylkill Community Action offers a budgeting workshop that can be conducted either in-person or online through Zoom, depending on the availability of our financial education coach. To arrange a workshop, please contact us at (570) 622-1995. Additionally, we provide individual counseling services for those seeking personalized financial guidance
Identity Theft workshops are currently offered for group settings, and you can choose between in-person or online sessions. To schedule a workshop, please contact us at (570) 622-1995.
Program Highlights for Identity Theft:
- Who is the ‘original’ internet godfather?
- How did Identity Theft develop and what is it today?
- The difference between Identity Theft and Identity Fraud.
- “Triggers” of adult and child identity theft.
- Safeguards to protect you and your children.
- The 3 levels of the internet including the Dark Web.
- What are password managers, and why are they so important?
In this 3-part workshop, you will learn…
- Why is Budgeting important?
- The “Anatomy” of a basic budget.
- Budgeting mistakes and How to Avoid them.
- Budgeting Leaks – What are they, and what are some examples?
- The 752 and 173 Rules.
- Ways to “plug” your budgeting leaks.
- The 50-20-30 Rule – both versions.
- The 5 C’s.
- Money Savings Tips
Credit Repair 101
SCA will provide the tools to assist clients with their own credit repair.
Credit Repair Workshop Highlights:
- What is Credit Repair?
- Scenarios of credit repair.
- Reasons why you need credit repair.
- Tips on how to “dispute” items in your credit report.
- Tools provided to assist with the steps in the process of credit repair.
- Credit repair “scams” to watch.
Child Development Program Highlights
Saving Coloring Sheets
With this activity, children will see what kids their own age are doing to “save”
money. They can select from several coloring sheets to suit their individual taste.
Coin Matching Sheets
The children will connect pictures of coins on the left side to the matching coin on the right side of the sheet.
Piggy Bank Coin Sorting Map
The children will be given four coins and they will place the proper coin on the corresponding picture of the piggy bank on their coin sorting mat.
Currency Recognition Grid
The children will place various coins on the matching grid row that corresponds to the coin at the bottom of the grid.
Story “In Circle”
The children will sit “in circle” while they are read a story about how a popular children’s character handles a “situation” regarding money and piggy banks in their life. They will learn how important money is to their storybook friend and how important it is in their own lives as well.
Note: Your child must attend Child Development, Inc. in Schuylkill County to participate in this program.
SCA is an Equal Opportunity Provider and Employer.
We are firmly committed to the provision of assistance regardless of race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, political beliefs, military status, sexual orientation, or marital/family status.